Track My Weight!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Friday, January 14, 2011

Little Boys with Long Hair


I've been searching for months, with little success, for information and support for parents that decide to let their sons hair grow rather than get it cut. It seems that the consensus is, little boys need to get their hair cut to look like boys.  I have to disagree.

I have a 2 year old son, who has never gotten a haircut. If I were to stretch out his curls they would hang well pass APL.  It's so funny how people reactions to his hair change like the wind blows. One minute they're in awe over how soft, long, and well maintained his hair is. The next second, they make snide remarks (mostly under their breath) about how I must have desperately wanted a girl and that's why I'm holding on to his hair.  Can I say....wrong, try again.

I know that I don't owe anyone any explanations, but I just want to get this out there.  I have seen the way 1, 2, and 3 year old boys act if anybody even mentions something about a haircut or barber shop.  I personally feel that my son is too young to go through the unnecessary agony. I'm not knocking people who get their little boys hair cut, it just wasn't the right decision for my family.  I figured, if I could put in the effort to nourish and take care of my hair, I most definitely can do the same for him.  If he express to me that he would like to get a hair cut like daddy, I'll take him to a barber with no hesitations, until then, I think we're doing just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment