Track My Weight!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Friday, January 28, 2011

Jill Scott & Alicia Keys Inspired Hair Style


So after I did my banana oatmeal hair treatment last night, I was bored and surfing the web checking out celebrity hairstyles. I ran across two hairstyles that truly spoke to me so I decided to style my hair. Before I get into what I did let me show you the lovely ladies that inspired me: Jill Scott & Alicia Keys.
http://thirstyroots.com/jill-scott-hairstyles.html
http://www.curly-hair-styles-magazine.com/celebrity-hair-styles-extremely-curly-13.html
                                       


 Tools Needed
  • Spray bottle with water
  • Rattail comb (for parting)
  • Rubber bands to secure twist (optional)
  • Flexi rods
  • Eco Styler Gel (holding agent of choice)
Steps
  1. Separate the section you want to twist or braid. Secure the remaining hair out of the way with a hair clip or ouchless band.
  2. Twist or braid this section in whatever design you choose. Secure each twist/braid with a rubber band.
  3. Roll the remaining hair on flexi rods. Be sure each section is wet and apply holding agent before using rods.
  4. Let hair air dry over night or sit under hooded dryer.
  5. Remove flexi rods and separate curls.
*Curls will loosen as hair style ages.
*If you want a tighter or smaller curl try a straw set or coil out. If you want a more of a wave or crinkle try a braid/twist out. You can also do a wash and go if you prefer your natural curl pattern.

1 comment:

  1. What is this hairstyle called? I've been searching all day

    ReplyDelete