Track My Weight!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

28 Days of Protective Styles

I'm on a personal challenge to protective style for the entire month of February. In my opinion a protective style is any style in which your hair is protected from harmful elements such as the cold weather, direct heat, rubbing on clothes, and etc. These styles include buns, mini twist, individual braids, cornrows, wigs/weaves.  This month, flat ironing, wash 'n gos, and puffs are definitely a no go for me. The only way I will be able to wear a twist out, braid out or bantu knot out is if I immediately bun or pin the hair up.

Although my ends will be protected it still is very important for me to keep my hair moisturized and sealed. Currently I'm trying various moisturizers and leave-ins but my sealants of choice are shea butter and extra virgin olive oil (evoo) depending on my mood and/or hairstyle.

Right now, my hair is in the high bun pictured above. I did not use heat to get the sleek look. I stretched my hair with flexi rods.  Either tonight or I'll be putting individual braids in my hair for the next two weeks. I'll be posting challenge updates periodically throughout the month.

Live...Laugh...Love

No comments:

Post a Comment